Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Grateful for Discipline and Obedience

Father God, 

I haven't ever been a morning person. 
My dad teased that he was worried about me going off 
to college because he didn't know 
who would get me out of bed in the morning. 

I've had friends, one in particular, who talk about
 the beauty of the wee hours of the morning. 
Just before the sun comes up, 
with her cup of hot tea, and her bible. 
She will leave Facebook statuses that are poetic and inspiring
...and I admired her time with you from a distance, 
a safe distance of about 9:00. 


But these last few weeks Lord, 
as I've been striving to reach a personal goal, 
one I feel you have been waiting on me 
to accomplish for years,
 I've discovered this beauty that she speaks of. 
I still dread that moment in which my alarm goes off,
 but Lord I love having a few hours with only you, 
reading and then creating as you would lead me to. 

I love how my mind is open, crisp and un-infiltrated. 
Before social media, rambunctious children, 
misplaced things, spilled milk, and long drives, 
fight each other for room in my mind. 

I especially praise you today, for the verses I read 
just as I was feeling too tired to function, to create. 

"Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; 
I do not fight like a man beating the air. 
No, I beat my body and make it a slave 
so that after I have preached to others, 
I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 
1 Corinthians 9:26-27

If I had gone back to bed, 
I would have felt defeated, 
instead the reward of listening to you was 
sweet, encouraging, and energizing. 

Thank you Lord, for not giving up on me, 
and not being content with letting me give up on myself. 
Amen


Linking this up with


a beautiful inspirational blog I just stumbled upon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and love!