Monday, April 25, 2011
1. I had an amazing Easter weekend with my little family visiting my parents and sisters.
2. Can I just say that the Egan Sisters know how to pick out (and cook) a delicious meal?!? Good because I just did! On Saturday night we had top sirloin, spinach-strawberry-blueberry-raspberry-pecan salad, and grilled/mixed vegetables. Dessert was strawberry shortcake (rather angel food cake) and whip cream, with an extra emphasis on the whip cream! Claire wanted Cool Whip, Sarah wanted Redi Whip...and so we got both! The meal was good, the conversations were good, the banter and laughter were record breaking. This dinner will go down in the books with the rest of my favorite family memories. Eventually we had a whip cream blind folded taste test that cracked everyone up. Loved hearing Owen belt out in (forced?) laughter after each person made their guess and choice. Meanwhile Micah sat with his aunts eating every last drop of cream no matter which brand it was. He tried to steal one of the testing spoons, licked it off of spinach and fingers, but refused whip cream kisses! Hilarious, sorry girls :) lol.
3. We missed Easter service because we were out of town as Owen put on the way home "We couldn't go to church because we went to Grandpa and Grandma's and we can't be in two places at the same time?" I did however enjoy listening to and joining Owen in singing a few praise songs. "I Love You Lord", "Jesus Loves Me", "Jesus Loves the Little Children," and the one that goes "He came from heaven to earth to show the way, from the earth to the cross my debt to pay, from the cross to the grave, the grave to the sky, Lord we lift your name on high" (I don't know what it's actually called) among others. There were several opportunities over the weekend where we were able to talk with Owen about the meaning and importance of Easter. Funny how he already knows the "Sunday school" answers. We had a wonderful Easter brunch where Owen got to meet the "fake Easter bunny, he wasn't the real bunny because he had a costume on, but the real bunny came to our house and gave us baskets."
4. Ugh, I can't wait until this obsession with bunnies and santas is over. We did not encourage this. I don't mind indulging the fantasies a little but the kid was still talking about Santa no more than 3 weeks ago. Every time my response was the same "Santa may give you toys but Jesus gives you EVERYTHING!" Ugh. Hopefully soon. I do know that next year Santa will only bring ONE gift so he can't respond to me with "Yeah, but Santa gives me A LOT of toys!" um no. One.
5. I finally got all the laundry from the last 3 (maybe 4?) weeks folded, washed all (except what we were wearing) the clothes in our home and have all but 1 load ready to be put away. Plan to finish tonight. It's about time. The dishes, however, are a different story.
6. I have a serious addiction to Cheese Cassadia's right now. It's intense. B. A. D. Although I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the tortilla, and very little to do with the cheese. I'm pretty sure my obsession is all due to the salsa. Pretty sure there are healthier ways to eat 3 jars of salsa in as many weeks. Hmmm gonna have to look into that as I have two tortilla's left and when they are gone I'm done for the week. Um, yes, I bought them last night.
(hmmm just reread that and I'm pretty sure I've never used pretty sure that many times in a paragraph, but I'm pretty sure it's funny so I'm gonna leave it. Ha! Now I've used it three times in a sentence, beat that ;) )
7. I ended up putting the old banner back on my site. My husband isn't sure what Explorer was doing to his code. I'm hoping that he will have a few minutes tonight to put the new image back in and get everything working properly. I so loved this original banner till I saw the awesomeness that Brian was able to do for me, now this one is BLAH! Sometimes being married to a graphic designer is extremely handy ;) Hoping and praying to have everything all set by tomorrow.
8. I've created my first button! Hoping this was/is a success, we shall see as I'm basically just trying it out now as I type this miscellany topic. :) For those who didn't see the banner redo because Explorer is aggravating, then you can get a bit of a "sneak preview" as my button draws on elements from my improved banner. Edit: I've been working on this for a lot longer than expected and I'm so excited I finally have an image! Now, to see if I can get the button script to work :)I ROCK :))) Totally just manipulated HTML My hubby will be so proud of me!!!!!! Then he'll probably change all of my code so it's better ;)
This button is to put in posts, I might attempt making it smaller later tonight for sidebars, but we shall see!
9. Our Love Dare Blog Series starts tomorrow! The topic is "Love is patient" I hope you will read the dare (try the dare!), write a post and link up with Lori at Penelope Blue where Julia from Bless-id will be guest writing our first post! Julia and I are now mutually new followers of each other and I am so excited to see what the Lord lays on her heart to share with us tomorrow.
10. A bible verse that is making me smile today "For I have come to have much joy and comfort in your love." Philemon 7
Thanks for stopping by! If this is your first visit I hope you'll leave a comment, I'd love to get to know you!
By Terésa Marie