Monday, March 7, 2011

1001 and 8:07

I just went through my 101 Things in 1001 Days list and updated it. It was very encouraging to cross of 8 items as complete and note significant progress next to 21 others. I still have a long way to go but progress is both encouraging and motivating. If you would like to see the full list and follow all of my progress please feel free to check it out here, but I will highlight a few of my favorites here as well.


I have finally gotten into a good grove on my daily devotions and Bible reading plan. I'm in a routine where I'm reading the corresponding Proverbs for the day of the month. For instance, today I read chapter 7 because it is March 7th. I have also been reading through the end of the New Testament in the evenings. I've noticed major improvement in my mood and housework along with getting this step on track. Amazing how investing time in God can actually save you time in other areas.

I've been writing more the last two months than I have in the last 7 years and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm proud of myself for remaining consistent and can see the complacency of poor grammar fading away as I get more excited about my writing.  I know I have a long way to go but I've been feeling the Lord's hand upon me as I write and have had many moments where He's used other believers to affirm what I'm doing. I am so excited to see where He is leading me, and humbled to know He is using me.

A quick glance at the list will show you that I made significant progress in both my Wifely and Financial Ambitions. I think it's interesting to note how many items were completed of my goals for being a better wife. I didn't realize that I was "working" so hard on our marriage right now, but I've defiantly noticed the impact prayer has had, more on this later. Our financial ambitions are nearly met! Well, ok, they are nearly all started. I cannot believe how much of an impact the Envelope System has had on our savings power and attitude towards money. It was a big change, one Brian wasn't entirely on board with, but after one month we both really recognize the value in it. Hopefully in a few months we will be where we want to be in order to look seriously for a home!

There were some other exciting ambitions that I got to mark progress on like girls night (or lunch), Owen spelling a few words, etc but that's enough for now feel free to snoop around my life over the last few months in the updated 101 Things in 1001 Days post.

807- the first 3 digits of my husbands (and my) phone number. For whatever reason a few years back I would start to think of my husband every time I would see 8:07 on the clock, just because of it being in our phone numbers I guess. I would get a little flutter in my heart, a catch of love, for him. No matter what I was doing at the time or where I was. When I mentioned this to him he decided I was crazy and said something along the lines of "I can guarantee if I ask any of my friends if they think of their wives when they see numbers on a clock, they'll say NO or laugh!" Perhaps he is right, but regardless, that is what I do. So, in an effort to be more diligent about praying for my husband, every time I see those numbers and get that catch or flutter of love I say a prayer. It isn't always a full blown 3 or 4 minute prayer, sometimes it's just a fleeting prayer, a wish of good things, safety and joy in his day.

Romans 12:12 tells us "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Back when I first noticed the giddiness associated with 8:07 for me I started seeing the number multiple times a month. Well, now that 8:07 is a prayer reminder it seems I see it multiple times a week.  Do I try harder to see it? If so, it's subconcious. I believe that the Lord likes this little "game" He enjoys it when I am faithful in prayer and talking to Him regularly about and for the one I love, the one He blessed me with.

Ephesians 6:18 says "And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." 

I'd love to hear what devices you use to keep you alert to praying continually for someone in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and love!