Friday, January 6, 2012

A {roaring} Review


Won’t you join









 

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – don’t edit; don’t second-guess.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Must: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!

OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:
Roar…

The Realtor pulls onto the property and they instantly fell in love, as he unlocked the door the dad and young daughter start drooling, she's dancing throughout the living room and he's grinning for the first time. "This is it!" They proclaim loudly, jumping up and down "our new home, our new life." The exotic world is introduced to the characters and viewers so perfectly, so carefully that everyone can feel hope filling up their lungs for this family for the first time since the movie reel began spinning. But the Realtor has a secret, he's clamoring to get a word in edge wise, stammering about how perhaps this isn't it, perhaps they need to know more. When all of a sudden the room is filled and shaken with a tremendous roar. 

If you've seen the film then you know the next line is "it's a zoo" but it's hardly a secret what happens next for those that haven't seen it as the movie is called "We Bought a Zoo." I saw this movie about a week ago and was deeply touched by it, I fell in love immediately and have reflected back on it multiple times since then. In fact, I want to see it again. There were so many themes, so many family traits/quirks that I admired, there was simplicity, beauty, and healing woven into each scene. The only thing I did not like, was the language. I was relieved that I hadn't taken my son to it (though it was PG and I highly considered it) because there were several bad words unnecessarily littered throughout it. 

That aside, this movie reminded me about the good in story telling, the joy in bringing a viewer, reader, or listener through an emotion whirring and life altering (for the characters involved) experience. This movie was an experience, one I'm glad I was able to be a part of, one that's encouraged me to be a better mother and wife, and left me wondering about what the rest of the Lords plan has in store for us.  


"All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you, something great will come of it." 


What an amazing week it has been for me. After being convicted and making an unexpected commitment on Monday, I've enjoyed watching the Lord work in me, and through me. I've had more pageviews on my blog this week than I had in my my first few months of blogging, and received a handful of encouraging notes. I'm excited and encouraged by having so many new faces, I do hope that you will connect with me through comments, friend follower, twitter, networked blogs or some other rss feed and return often. 




My first week without TV has been enjoyable, but not quite all I'd hoped it would be. I've had extra time to read or pick up in the evenings and have mostly gone to bed earlier, however I have not had immediate success rising early. I have gotten up before my family every day this week to read my bible and pray, but not early enough to devote time to my project. I've spent much time researching, praying, and pondering said project, which I believe is helpful, but I need to take that leap of faith and jump right in. Hopefully next week with out TV will be when it clicks. 




With that out of the way, I'm again joining The Gypsy Momma for Five Minute Friday.

The first Friday of the new year.

Let’s do it. Let’s just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

For only five short, bold, beautiful minutes. Let your mind and your words and your heart fly free; wild – no editing, no over thinking.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and love!