1. "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3
What a beautiful reminder that we should all bury in our hearts and carry with us wherever we should go. I read this verse last night (I was enjoying Proverbs so much I accidentally jumped ahead 3 chapters :)
2. Has anyone else ever wondered if the Man in the Yellow Hat has a thing for Professor Wiseman?
3. Owen is still feeling pretty rough around the edges so I got to take him to work with me today. He has grown up so much, plus he's more polite when he's sick, but he's been such a delight all the many times he's had to come to the office with me this year. I really cherished having him there today. (Also enjoyed leaving a few hours early to come home and accommodate his nap time).
4. Special lunch with my boy! Before his nap we "snuck out" to McDonalds and had milkshakes and chicken nuggets. He got a super man toy, that you would have thought it was a million dollar toy. Loved watching "Super Hero change the story and save the day...from the milkshake."
5. Dear Ronald McDonald, Just because you now serve milkshakes in a pretty see thru cup and add 25 cents worth of whip cream and a 15 cent cherry, it doesn't mean I wont notice the cup is significantly smaller but the price has not dropped (and I suspect it has increased though I cannot prove it!). Just saying, that as fun and special as it was today, I probably wont be buying them from you anymore. $5+ for 2 small milkshakes really is unacceptable when your using the envelope system. We will make special milkshakes at home from now on.
6. I cannot believe I spent that much money on a milkshake and didn't even realize that they have the Shamrock shake out until it was too late....Perhaps I will splurge for one more McDonalds milk shake before the month is out...Perhaps.
7. Praying for the families affected by the recent earthquakes and floods. I cannot imagine. I am blessed infinitely more than I can bare to understand.
8. I do not have a book to read, though I desperately want one, so instead I will write something to read. Not nearly as relaxing, but far more fulfilling.
9. Sometimes when I'm getting dressed for a special event or working on my writing I catch myself just before calling out "Kylie", "Lia", or "Tammi" as I used to do when we all lived in the dorms. At one point 3 of our 4 rooms were really close and if we all had our doors open I could call out to any of my girls and they'd come running (Tammi was usually in my or Kylie's rooms anyways :). I often miss
|All five ladies mentioned in items 9&10 blessed me by standing in support of me at my wedding. From bottom left to bottom right: Tami, Sarah, Kylie, Claire, and Lia. Flower girl is my other good friend Abby's little girl Isabelle|
10. On the same note, I miss my sisters when I'm in the bathroom. Not sure why but our best conversations always took place in our bathroom.
11. My daddy. This morning I was supposed to read Proverbs 14 but as I mentioned in item 1. I am ahead, so I jumped into Psalms. This verse jumped out at me: "As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:13-14.
I could not have had a better example of a compassionate father in my life. This man is my hero. I am so glad that God chose him to come in and be my adoptive father. I do not know where my life would be today if it wasn't for his fight for me, his compassion, his devotion, and his desire to see me succeed. I am blessed to have him in my life and Praise God that he is my father.
|Grandpa holding his second grandchild, Micah 11.21.2009|
|Grandpa holding his first grandchild, Owen 3.17.2007|