Friday, November 4, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Remember

    1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
    2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
    3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!
OK, are you ready? Give me your best five minutes on:

Remember…


I remember a time when we called each other sisters.
A day when your voice was as familiar as my mothers.
I remember the feeling of your hand in mine as we skipped to Arcadia.
A time when the sound of your laughter could lift even my biggest worries.
It doesn't feel like so long ago, when you and I were best friends. When nothing in life was greater than the bond that held us together. When I called your parents Mom and Dad, and ran away as your brothers chased us through the leaves calling us names. I remember lying on the couches late into the night sharing our deepest 11 year old secrets, laughing about nothing, making up a secret language and secret codes.

I remember saying that we would be best best friends, sisters, forever.
I remember dreaming about our wedding days together, pledging as young friends to be maid of honors.

But then the memories shift, as life got a hold of our sweet innocence, the things that connected us together slowly lifted, and our friendship ever so slowly drifted away. I remember how each phone call, each visit was farther apart than the last, until a time where the next one never came.

I remember checking the mail daily, for your RSVP to my wedding. I remember it never came.

My dear memory, my friend, my sister...I(still)LYITSW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments and love!